Infusing Equity into Policy and Practice:
The Women's Educational Equity Act (WEEA) Resource Center announces its
fall session of the Online Course "Infusing Equity into Policy and
Practice: A Course for Equity Specialists"
Register TODAY! Space is limited, and the registration deadline is October
Here is a unique opportunity to participate in an online course for equity
specialists (Title IX coordinators, gender equity specialists, or equal
opportunity officers in a school, school district, or state agency).You
* Explore the history and rationale for Title IX of the Education
Amendments of 1972
* Review current research on continuing and emerging educational equity
* Learn the basic role and responsibilities of a Title IX officer and a
framework for carrying out these duties
* Assess the status of Title IX implementation and gender equity efforts in
your institution and develop a customized action plan to address your needs
Learn strategies for building support for equity within your institution
and in the larger community
Useful for both formal and informal settings, this inexpensive course fits
easily into every budget and schedule. Professional development points,
undergraduate, and graduate course credit are available.
Equipment: All you will need to participate is access to the Internet, an
email address, and your commitment to learning more about Title IX.
Course Length: The course runs eight weeks (including a one-week tutorial)
and is comparable to a one-credit course.
Course Schedule: The course begins October 21, 2002, and ends December 13,
2002. Registration deadline is October 4!
(1) Access the course sessions three times per week for a total of three
(2) Post at least three messages per session in the online discussion area
(3) Prepare and present a final project
(4) For graduate credit, prepare and present an individual case study
Fee: (course fee includes supplied materials)
$80 for individual
$60 per person for teams
$40 extra for course credit
Registration: Course enrollment is limited to 25 students. Register at the
WEEA Equity Resource Center website:
Call 800-225-3088 for more details.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Wed Sep 25 2002 - 10:59:22 EDT