[EDEQUITY] Underrepresented in literature, peace & medicine

From: Rochelle Riling (seamouse@televar.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 15:34:48 EDT

Women are extremely underrepresented even in literature, peace and
From what I've looked at they are only marginally more represented in those
areas than they are in physics and chemistry. Despite girls
language/reading/writing successes, publishing/literature remains a male
dominated field. The underrepresentation, I think, isn't arena specific
due to all the larger issues. However, if there were a nobel prize
for social engineering (ex. the establishment of schools, libraries,
hospitals, human service supports, etc.) I suspect women would dominate.

Rochelle Riling