Cessation of WEEA Product Sales

From: Sundra Flansburg (sflansburg@edc.org)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 10:35:16 EST

Dear colleagues:

As most of you know, the WEEA Center contract ended mid-February, though we
have been able to obtain authorization from the Department to continue
certain activities that are related to deliverables due at the end of
April. There is currently no WEEA Center RFP out, and as far as we know,
no plans within the Department to issue an RFP for this type of contract.

This situation has forced upon us a number of difficult and painful
decisions, one of which is that we will no longer be able to sell WEEA
products through our distributor. As of close-of-business tomorrow,
February 28, no more orders will be taken. If you or your colleagues are
interested in ordering any WEEA products, we urge you to place the order
today or tomorrow morning. Our distributor's contact information is as
follows:

Tel.: 800-793-5076
Fax: 412-741-0609
E-mail: EDCorders@abdintl.com

While sales are ceasing, we believe that we have at least a month,
hopefully more, to explore options for placing the inventory with others.
We are working on a plan in which the Gender, Diversities, and Technology
Institute would continue distribution from EDC of about 9 products, one of
which would be our colleague Harilyn Rousso's latest publication, Gender
Matters: Training for Educators Working with Students with Disabilities.
We are working with GDI's gender and science digital library to digitize
the science and math resources for electronic availability, as well as
other options for electronic dissemination. We are also following up on
leads to at least archive copies of products with other organizations or
libraries.

While our ability to research and negotiate distribution arrangements is
somewhat dependent on whether or not we can obtain reimbursement for
close-out costs from the Department, we would be grateful for any
suggestions you might have. Concrete contacts would be especially helpful.

We thank you again for your support and encouragement over the years. I
would be happy to answer questions or talk with anyone personally.

Sundra

Director, WEEA Equity Resource Center at EDC
55 Chapel Street, Newton, MA 02458
Tel.: 800-225-3088 / 617-969-7100, ext. 2925
TTY: 800-354-6798 / Fax: 617-332-4318
http://www.edc.org/WomensEquity

Posted to EdEquity, WEEA Associates, and Equity Now lists. Sorry for any
duplicate postings.