Possible Junior Volunteer Services
Junior Volunteers work under the supervision of the
Junior Volunteer Coordinator and the Hospice Office Manager in
collaboration with members of the hospice team. They may provide
support and companionship for patients and families or help with
other needed tasks which are listed below.
ALL JUNIOR VOLUNTEERS 14 YEARS AND OLDER MAY:
- Provide companionship for patients and families
- Do homemaking chores
- Run errands for the patient or family
- Help with child care
- Write letters for the patient or family
- Play cards or games with the patient
- Read to the patient
- Paint a patient's fingernails
- Help a patient with make up
- Bring a flower to a patient
- Send a "Thinking of you" message to a patient
- Distribute crafts, baked goods, to a patient
ALL JUNIOR VOLUNTEERS MAY:
- Attend group activities
- Make craft projects
- Do holiday baking
- Send "Thinking of you" messages to patients
- Help with office work
- Help with the "Tree of Remembrance"
Use your imagination. Think of other ways that we can get
connected with patients and families.
[Return to Promising Practice]
[Return to Resources and Tools]
© 2000 St. Thomas Hospice
Published here with permission.