Introduction

From: Forsberg, Caroline (FORSBECB@sysadm.suny.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 10:59:00 EDT

My name is Caroline Forsberg and I have worked for fourteen years at the
State University of New York, System Administration, (the central offices of
SUNY). I work as Director of Disability Services and Information in the
Office of University Life.
I am a woman with a disability and when I came across this list, I thought
it would be a good place to get and give information concerning educational
equity for women with disabilities.
At the moment, I am on the Steering Committee of New York State's Task Force
on Postsecondary Education and Disabilities. The Task Force is made up of
professionals from SUNY, CUNY-the City University of New York, The
Association of Independent Colleges and the Association of degree-granting
proprietary colleges, some employers and other educational professionals,
and parents of students with disabilities. The draft report of the Task
Force has just come out and we are going around the State taking comments
from the public.
I am also responsible for assisting Coordinators of Disabled Student
Services, 504 and ADA Coordinators on all 64 campuses with whatever
information and help they might need in order to serve students and
employees with disabilities.
I am looking forward to learning from all of you on the list.
Caroline Forsberg, forsbecb@sysadm.suny.edu, home: , home: anise@global2000.net.