[EDEQUITY]redistributing what we already have

From: Lindy A. Brigham (lbrigham@Ag.Arizona.Edu)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 15:58:47 EDT

The problem I have with the chocolate cake argument is that it assumes
equity is a zero-sum game, that there is a finite resource that must be
(re-)distributed. I don't believe that is what we are really talking about

in education or in anything else. I believe we want to rethink what we
value and what we reward (outcome?). And I understand that this is harder

to do than merely redistributing what we already have.

Lindy Brigham PhD
Asst. Research Professor
<lbrigham@Ag.arizona.edu>
Department of Plant Pathology Forbes 204
The University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
520-626-8307