[EDEQUITY]redistributing what we already have

From: Lindy A. Brigham (lbrigham@Ag.Arizona.Edu)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 15:58:47 EDT

The problem I have with the chocolate cake argument is that it assumes
equity is a zero-sum game, that there is a finite resource that must be
(re-)distributed. I don't believe that is what we are really talking about

in education or in anything else. I believe we want to rethink what we
value and what we reward (outcome?). And I understand that this is harder

to do than merely redistributing what we already have.

Lindy Brigham PhD
Asst. Research Professor
Department of Plant Pathology Forbes 204
The University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721