Re: federal funds, Title IX, in SH suit

Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 14:54:29 EST

Linda Purrington: I assume you're talking about a k-12 private school, and
whether it takes federal monies--if you were talking about post-secondary,
there might be student assistance money. If not that, I'd look for any
federal foodstuffs or actual food items they might accept, such as through
the US Dept of Ag. There are civil rights protections attached to that
money. Also, are they getting any special ed money that can go to private
schools (if there is any, I don't know)?

Does the school have a policy against sexual harassment or discrimination,
even if it is not required to under Title IX? Less force, but nonetheless
acommitment they are breaking apparently.


This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Apr 12 2002 - 15:15:28 EDT